Here to Help (H2H) is a multi-service, community-based, mobile team that responds to immediate concerns in the community and to help with situations that may give rise to conflict. It is a collaboration between Inner City Family Health Team, Gerstein Crisis Centre, Homes First, Seeds of Hope, Dixon Hall and The Neighbourhood Group. The team will offer support, engagement, knowledge, skills, and follow-up services and will enhance community connection, empathy and belonging. Our goal is to collaborate with agencies, businesses, residents and other key stakeholders in the neighborhoods of Church-Wellesley and Moss Park.
1. Strengthen community service collaboration to respond to situations that may give rise to
conflict in the community.
2. Promote capacity and stabilize the safety and well-being of vulnerable community members in
downtown east Toronto.
3. Strengthen connection to needed health and social services.
4. Increase the capacity for community members to respond to situations.
Our Approach and Core Values
· Working from lens of equity and anti-racism, anti-Black racism, anti-Indigenous racism, anti-
oppression, and anti-discrimination.
· 2SLGBTQIA+ inclusive
· Meaningful involvement of persons with lived experience
· Based in harm reduction principles
· Client-centred & Individualized Support
· Low barrier access to services in our community
· Social justice oriented
· Compassionate and caring response
· Being able to express and share their lived experiences as they understand them
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is what makes our city so unique. We are aware that some interactions in our communities can be disheartening or hurtful to experience and/or witness. Our team works from a trauma-informed lens and uses approaches founded in harm reduction and strengths-based practices that are flexible and non-coercive to ensure that each individuals’ dignity and autonomy is respected. We are committed to continuously working towards meeting the needs of all so that all members of the community have equal access to shared community space and resources.
Copyright © 2023 Here to Help (H2H) - All Rights Reserved. Created by The Gerstein Crisis Centre, Inner City Family Health Team, The Neighbourhood Group, Dixon Hall, Seeds of Hope and Homes First for the City of Toronto. The Here To Help team is funded by the City of Toronto through the Downtown East Action Plan.
Powered by GoDaddy